Monday, February 9, 2009

Walking

Music: Santogold

I discovered the other day that I am a fairly significant amount more overweight than I thought I was. I knew full well that I could stand to lose a few pounds (read: whole bunches). I love food and so eat a lot of it. And it is far easier (especially when cooking for one) to eat unhealthy food than to cook yourself a nice meal of stir fried tofu, veggies and whatever those crazy hippies are up to these days. And it is winter - ergo I do not have nearly as many simple ways to get daily exercise. So, due to all this I am overweight, out of shape and my cardio sucks big old monkey balls.
Just how it is.
I am not being all mopey and whiney and "oh I'm so fat and no one has ever really loved me in my whole... ooh, ice cream. nom nom nom nom...", I am just simply going through my current state of health and the basic reasons for it.
But as a start towards getting more regular exercise I planned to walk home from work instead of taking the bus from Broadview station, and as the weather and my fitness get better, to start walking larger and larger portions of it.
Now, as anyone who knows me can attest, I come up with ideas of "ooh, I should do this" or "I wish I could do that" or the ever popular "yeah, I've bee meaning to".
Lots of talk. Very little rock.
However in this case, there was some walk to go with the talk. So far I have done it 1 day out of one. Let's see how long I can keep this up before my mind wanders or I start making exceptions...
Latez.

No comments:

Post a Comment