Friday, February 13, 2009

Oh. My God.

Music: M.I.A. (Paper Planes)

Okay, so this right here, this totally still counts as Thursday, right? Yeah, it does and the rest of you can all go get beaten with laser flowers if you don't like it. I can't believe I forgot to post last night (actually I definitely can), but I had been lying on my couch watching tv (well, computer, actually) and then fell asleep. And when I woke up at like 1 or so blogging was not even remotely on my mind - there was only sleep, food, pillows and for some reason tobogganing. Who knows.

So, anyways, what was I going to talk about yesterday... oh right, I couldn't think of anything to write about. That's why I was lying on the couch watching computer (and eating perogies). But I had just shortly before returned from getting concert tickets across town at rotate this (hmm.. prolly should have capitalized them.. oh well), so lets talk about concerts and by association, music.
I freaking love music, it's so fantastic. But live music (for most types, at least) is the best way to enjoy it. I love upbeat jump around music that you can dance to (as long as the crowd doesn't just stand around and not move *cough*mosttorontocrowds*cough*). I love really well played and melodic shows in seated theaters. I love crazy hyperactive moshing concerts (although mosh pits or the potential occurence of a mosh pit used to scare the ever-loving crap out of me. I used to be a really small guy and was afraid I'd get crushed). But mostly, I just plain love live music. It's the best way to see it - especially at outdoor shows - and you just feel not only more a part of the band and of the show and of the music, but there is an instant sense of comraderie with the crowd. Just the fact that you came here to this show cause you all love this music and have come to quietly enjoy the concert or to get crazy, jump around and fuck shit up - whatever the case may be.
Unless of course they are one of those lame crowds who go to rock shows and not only don't dance, but don't even move at all. Then everyone just feels awkward.

And as an apologie for being late with the post, have an awkward looking dinosaur.
Later Gators.



No comments:

Post a Comment