Saturday, February 28, 2009

Spooky

Music: (total silence - it's 5:30 in the morning)

So, I woke up at 5:00 today. I had been doing this almost every day about 2 weeks ago (not intentionally) and had kind of just assumed that it was because I had started drinking coffee regularly and that had screwed with my sleep patterns. Not so sure now. I haven't drunk any coffee in about a week, week and a half (except for a single espresso on monday), but lo and behold, here I am, totally awake at five in the morning on saturday.
What. The. Fuck.
Seriously, why am I so awake.
Options...
Well, I won't be able to get back to sleep at this point - at least not immediately. I actually woke up quite a bit before this (maybe like 4 - I didn't look at the clock) and went back to sleep until now. Won't be able to do that again. At least for now.
I could go for a walk, which is very tempting (I like walking around neighborhoods in the early morning when it's totally quiet and everything is just waking up for the day. Cons of this plan - it's cold, and I would have to get dressed (at least I probably should. Not strictly required).
Or I could have a bit to eat and watch some tv or a movie or something until I feel drowsy enough to sleep again. Well.. the walk plan is really tempting.. not sure if I can bring myself to do it though.
Not sure whether I am hoping that the whole waking up way early thing is cause by the drinking coffee or not. I kind of hope so, cause otherwise this means that I just wake up at 4-5 in the morning for no reason in particular.
And that means I am developing my mom's sleeping pattern (she does this like every day).
And I would not be looking forwards to that.
We shall see.

crap.. this could potentially suck...

2 comments:

  1. well, I was actually refering to me developing my mother's crazy-assed sleep patterns, but that would be more of a long term suckage.
    As for today, though, it's currently 12:00 and I am still up and not very tired at all, so not particularily with the suck.

    ReplyDelete