Sunday, March 15, 2009

..but why is it called trainspotting?

Music: TV on the Radio

Just finished watching Trainspotting - a movie that I have been meaning to watch for years and in fact a large assortment of people have been telling me to watch it and being shocked when I say I have never seen it - and that's a pretty damn fine movie. I don't get why it is called Trainspotting, though.
..well, actually, that isn't qute true.
I didn't know, so I went and looked it up and found out that it is called that because in the book that it is based off of, and old drunkard asks a couple of them in they are trainspotting while they are actually using the train station as a toilet. Yeah. Also, the old guy aparently turned out to be Begbie's estranged father. So, it is named after the book it is based upon which took it's name solely from one passing comment in one unlikely scene that didn't actually get included into the movie.
...awesome.
What a roundabout name.

Still sweet movie all round. Fuckin accent's, man. So hard to catch stuff - especially Spud's lines.

Was expecting them to round up the plotline with Diane a bit more (or at all), but who knows.. maybe they do in the book and decided to just, y'know, not finish that bit in the movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment